Welcome to my new food blog. It has been a long time in the back of my mind, but I have finally decided to put the proverbial pen to paper. This is my food blog, it is where I can share my own passion for food, my ideas for food and how to create dishes to amaze your friends and family.
It saddens me when I walk around supermarkets to see people's trolleys piled high with frozen foods and pre-made ready meals. Before anyone comments, I have done exactly the same in the past, but in this day and age, when fresh fruit and vegetables are available all year round. On the downside, the carbon cost of getting the food to each country is damaging the environment.
The world has also gone through tough times, global recession, increased food prices and reduced salaries all mean that the squeeze and pressure on family budgets has increased, and, even if things change over the next few years, imagine the benefit of being able to do more for less? Also, imagine if you could make normal ingredients (or even value ingredients) look and taste more expensive than they really are.
That is what the driving principle of this blog will be. A platform to bring good, healthy (mostly) cooking to the world, and to make the food that we all purchase go as far as possible.
My aim is to post a minimum of 3 recipes a week, with detailed steps, ingredients and potential alternatives to the ingredients if the items are not available. I will also post some more in-depth articles containing skills and cooking options for common ingredients. I will also be making other random posts as things happen in the world, I visit places of interest relating to food or just a general catch up on the state of the site and the plans for the future.
No comments:
Post a Comment