I first came across this dish when I was in the US and we visited an Applebees. I have to admit that I had never heard of the dish or tasted the dish. Such a simple dish and quickly became one of my favourites. I have to admit that we went back there several times and each time it was the first thing that I ordered from the menu. And the recipe is as simple as it looks and tastes. The perfect dish for a quick snack when you get in from work.
Ingredients
Large flour tortilla
Grated Cheese
Rapeseed Oil
Basic Quesedilla Method
Heat your frying pan over a medium heat, you do not want to burn the tortilla before the cheese has melted. Spread the oil around the base of a frying pan, ensuring all of the pan is covered. Rapeseed oil has a smooth colour and will give a nice flavour to the Quesedilla. If you want to be really decadent you can use butter.
Place the tortilla in the pan and flip it every 10 seconds or so. As the tortilla heats blisters will form on the surface of the tortilla.
When a number of these blisters have formed spread the grated cheese over the tortilla.
Turn the heat down low and allow the cheese to melt. When the cheese melts, fold the quesedilla in half, slice and serve.
The beauty of this simple snack is that you can add other fillings. The trick is not to over fill the Quesedilla and to select fillings that are complementary.
Chicken - Pre-cook some chicken and thinly slice it before adding on top of the cheese
Onion - Red onion works really well, especially if very thinly sliced. Adding it later leaves a nice crunch to the Quesedilla
Tomatoes - Normal tomatoes thinly sliced are great (Quesedilla Pizza), but I am also a big fan of Sun-blushed tomatoes. Their natural strong flavour really adds to the dish
Mushrooms - Try mixing different types of mushrooms to change the flavours
No comments:
Post a Comment